Old 09-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500 SPORT
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:64
tat2dwiseguy will become famous soon enough

Just installed my Nitto Trail Grapplers 35 / 12.5 - 20 (which replaced my GY Wrangler MT/Rs (which are for sale here:http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61814 )

Thanks to this thread for helping me in my decision!!!

Had them road force balanced since I've had a lot of shimmy in my truck. Wanted to rule out the wheels and tires as a culprit. Only drove home from the shop, but first impression is positive. Some road noise, but not terrible. Tracks straight and rides great! I did get a short ride on the highway and still have a little rear end shimmy at the same 67-72mph, so I don't think it's the tires... though the right rear wheel took a lot of weight... this same wheel took a lot of weight when I had the old tires balanced, so I might have a wheel issue... I'll swap the rears side to side to see how the shimmy feels, but I don't spend a lot of time on the highway, so it's not a big deal.

Other notes: This tire is more than an inch taller and 1.5 inches wider than my MT/Rs and I have no clearance issues. And they look MEAN! Downside... makes me want a bigger lift!

Last edited by tat2dwiseguy; 09-18-2010 at 03:33 PM.