View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Express
Color: Dk cherry red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:130
GregInAtl will become famous soon enoughGregInAtl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcarr87 View Post
yes the truck has 200,000 miles...not to sound rude..but if i wanted a diesel to do this with i would have already bought one--dont get me wrong..i love them..actually looking at a 05 ram 3/4 ton right now..
but thats not the point of this project...i am a member of a dodge dakota's board and have a lot of help and input over there..and you do bring up a good point with the twin vs the single..and i will look into that more..thanks

like i said..dont mean to sound rude if i did...but yes
i will be doing a 3.9 turbo truck.. . .you can call me stupid and everything all you want..but it will be done...im sure someone has done some kind of research and maybe even done this before..just gotta find em
I dont think its stupid, from my experience turboing random stuff, it will likely be a long expensive way to get mediocre power. I'd just hate to spend $5k to turbo a truck and make 300 whp and 350 ft lbs if you are real lucky. (Your truck is like 175 hp flywheel OEM...300whp is asking a lot!!)
Dont get me wrong, if I ever get to see it I'd think its real cool! But that's like seeing a 400 whp v6 camaro, or a turbo v6 mustang.....its cool, but ....I leave scratching my head.
Hey its your truck, your money and as long as you are happy w/ it, I'll watch pretty much anything. We do see a lot of young 20s guys post up wish lists we all know will be a long road. (if ever happens at all) I just want you to go in knowing what you will possibly get. I dont want you to say, "I wish someone had told me so I didnt spend....."

Good luck, post pics, and have fun dood

06 Stratos 201 Pro XL 225 Yamaha