Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
crazygreek89 is on a distinguished road
Default New Daytona #215 Owner

Howdy!

I sold my 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GXP two months ago in order to restore my '79 Camaro Z28. In the mean time, I was driving my daily driver, a 04 Ford Focus which I've had for almost 3 years. I really got tired of it being I'm a 6'2''/230lbs and really being such a small car and not enough room for work/personal reasons. I knew I would eventually get something else, I just didn't know what. Long story short, I ended up finding an 05 Ram Daytona with 130k miles for $12k at a local used car lot (BBV was $18k). The truck is mint. Had 1 previous owner who had the truck registered as a corporate vehicle, and he used it to commute from his place of work to his house daily, which was a round trip of about 150 miles per day.

I found this truck on the Internet this past Tuesday. Wednesday I went for a test drive and I was the second owner on Thursday. I've enjoyed every minute in this truck since then. I love everything about it...the way it looks, feels and drives. I've never owned a truck before so this is quite a treat for me. I love how high up the truck sits! I've always drive cars...94 Grand Am, 00 Dodge Neon, 07 Mustang GT (modded), 09 G8 GXP (modded) etc. I was hesitant at first because of the miles but I plan on keeping this truck for quite some time and don't mind repairing it. It will be my daily driver for the foreseeable future.

There are several things I need to fix which are minor: the driver's side door molding appears to have some sort of rust on it which I can't quite figure out since I'm sure it's some sort of plastic. Also the driver's seat has a slight tear in the cloth with some of the foam missing. I do believe it has the Infinity system because it has 3 speaker openings on the dash and the bass hits quite hard.

Some mods I plan on doing within this next month are getting it tinted and installing a new head unit, preferably a motorized Pioneer with DVD/Nav/Bluetooth/iPod/Rear-View Camera capabilities. Should I upgrade the door speakers and install subs as well? The stock system sounds decent to me.

Any other worthy mods? I had long tube headers and a Borla exhaust on my previous two sports cars and I'm tired of the drone. I do like the rumble this Daytona has and it's not annoying. I'm thinking I may do just a K&N CAI...I think the car has a modified ECM tune from the dealer because I noticed on the hoodliner there is a blue/white sticker stating a ECM Flash.

So here are the pics.

Thanks,

Alexandros

Last edited by crazygreek89; 09-18-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Sponsored links