Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:13
Adub is on a distinguished road
Default Superchips Review

I figured I would start this thread and update it as I go along.

My truck is a 2009 Crew cab 4.7 2wd 3.55 gears 265/70 17 tires and 100% stock. I've been disappointed with the engines performance under 3000 rpm. I live 25 miles one way from work and I would say on a given tank, I average 70% highway miles. I have been consistantly averaging 19-19.5 hand calculated mpg on my tanks of normal driving. I went with the superchips because of its ability to reduce torque managment, which I believe will help throttle response and highway passing.

Received the Superchips flashpaq today and installed the 87 octane tune on the truck. My immediate impressions are that the tuner makes a noticeable difference. Throttle response is better, but I would not say "its a whole new truck." I will update if this changes as the truck learns the new parameters.

I plan to call Superchips tomorrow (closed already today) and get the tuner setup for transmission tuning. I'll remove some of the TM and note how the performance changes.

My pan for the tuner is to test the different tunes and see what works best for me in terms of performance and mileage. I plan to run a couple/few tanks on each setting and see how things go.

Plan is
87 Octane
Towing Tune
93 Octane
Mileage tune