09-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
Join Date: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 16
this is what i do when I prepare for the track...
the day before at home:
1) remove tonneau cover
2) remove rear seats/fold flats, passenger seat, center console
3) replace driver seat with a racing seat
4) put some 100-110 octane gas in (depending on mood), carry a 5 gallon can of gas as well because when I got to track my overhead says I have 20-30 miles dte when I get there.
5) remove spare tire
6) if time an energy permits..change my spark plugs
7) if I decide to run my dr's I change my tires out at home, if i decide to run the slicks I only change the fronts out at home
8) remove windshield wipers
9) remove front sway bar
10) remove tow hitch
at the track:
1) install the slicks (if I'm going to run them)
2) remove the air filter and if I'm running the Bfi, install my headlight intake mod
3) change the serpentine belt to the short belt
4) tuck mirrors in (or if I'm in the mood..take side mirrors off)
5) remove tailgate
6) adjust the caltracs
7) lower tire pressure accordingly
one quick 05 hemi qc...with over 245k miles on odo...
performance mods: yes
http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Ram-1500-Timeslip-23591.html?r=1"]2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT: 12.10 @ 113.96 MPH