View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about
Default To those of you with a 2nd Gen...LOOK HERE!

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know something I have just been informed of...

I met a guy down here in Florida with a 1998 Dodge Ram with the original dash in perfect shape, not one crack in it.

I just figured he parked it in a garage or something....but no, he said he parks it in his driveway everyday, and he's never had a problem with it.

I was quite amazed at this and asked him what he did to prevent the cracking....and here's what he said, that makes me wish I would have known to do this before mine cracked all to hell....

All the bolts along the windshiel facing back at you...loosen them a little bit...all of them. Just enough so its spaced out a hair from the dash.

He said when he goes around turns and stuff, he has seen the dash actually move a little, but never crack.

So...apparently from the factory, those screws were too tight on a stress point causing the plastic to crack (which is funny, because all my cracks start from those bolt holes).

So...morale of the story... Loosen the dash bolts near the windshield facing back at you on your second gen Ram.

Maybe you can save yours from cracking if it hasn't already!

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Sponsored links