Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: EXPRESS QUAD CAB
Color: BRIGHT SILVER
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
BigOrange is on a distinguished road
Default New Muffler = Loss of Power???

2008 Ram w/ 4.7L
I just switched from an 18" XLerator Single 3" in, Dual 2.25" out with pipes straight out the back to a 14" Magnaflow Single 3" in, Single 3"out directly into a 3" to 2.25" Y-pipe into the existing 2.25" pipes out the back. I did this because the XLerator didn't produce the sound I was looking for. It actually made a terrible low bass drone from 1200-2200 rpm that was really annoying & really lound..... it didn't even sound like a V8!!! The problem is that I lost a noticable amount of power. The engine feels like it's working harder, and doesn't pull as much on the top end. Does this sound right for going from a 18" SI/DO to a 14" SI/SO muffler with a y-pipe? I didn't think it would make a performance difference, and the muffler guy said it would flow the same as well. Any thoughts on whats going on here? I'm also wondering if an 18" Magnaflow SI/DO would make that same deffening bass drone that the XLerator made under light ecceleration....
Also, I did unplug the battery for a while to do a computer reset, but that was 6 days ago when I had the muffler installed. Also running an Airaid Modular Intake tobe to the factory airbox with a K&N drop-in filter.
Any input, thoughts, or ideas would be great here! Thanks!