Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyman51 View Post
I'm waiting for my 2011 R/T to come in and have been reading about exhaust drone when the MDS kicks in. I want to know which is the best muffler replacement to get some sound and with the littlest drone. I'm just replacing the muffler and leaving the resonaters on. I am looking for some HELP!
I went with the 22" magnaflow (same muffler that comes with the complete catback kit) under Speedfreaks recommendation and absolutely love it! The muffler sound? Rated 1 thru 10 .. as stock being 1 and a super 40 Flowmaster I had in my other truck a 10. Id say the 22" magnaflow a 3 at initial installation, no drone. After 3 weeks burn in about a 4 with no drone. I then took the resonators off after a month.. say my truck is about a 4.5 with a very very slight audible in MDS kicking in and out..where you can just tell its on. But the hemi motor sounds simply awesome, when on it, mostly motor sound..completely satifisfied..just want to share my personal experience with it and good luck with your choice I dont think there is any performance gain in removing the resonators because they flow right thru but just the same they weigh about 10lbs for the pair. Congratulations on the R/T

Last edited by autobred; 11-10-2010 at 10:01 AM.