View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
69beeguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 69beeguy

although similar, chumpcar is different from lemons. at chumpcar races, they rarely get over 40 cars per event. at the BIR event this year they had 30 (or so) that started and 21 finished. chumpcar is racing with a side of spectacle, lemons is the other way around.
anyway, i bought a set of headers for a whopping $1 off ebay (NIB). i looked into the coil thing. both the accel and stock are the same voltage wise primary and secondary. i found a 5.9 magnum from a u pull it yard for $100. it had 83k on it and a blown head gasket. i checked all the bearings and no excessive wear. they hardly were broken in. i am going with the HV oil pump and adding the hp spring. there was a little water in the head to i think a valve job is in order, but i am just going to true up the head as far as milling goes. i gasket matched the intake, heads and polished the throttle body. the 5.2 cam has a better profile, so i will find one of those from that same yard. other than that, im not messing with the rest of the internals.