Need some input from the pros and everyone else.
I've been running stock w/ a 7 speaker infinity system (non-nav) because I didn't want to loose the free Sirius, but miss having a quality system.
I mostly listen to rock and some techno/hip hop/industrial. This project will be done in chunks, so here's what I was thinking.
Phase 1 - Replace HU and front speakers running of 4 chan amp.
- Do I need the PAC Canbus adapter (C2r-CHY4) or can I just use the Merta amp bypass harness (70-6504)?
Phase 2 - Add some mid-bass/bass in the rear doors (maybe a 6 1/2 driver if it will fit)
- Any suggestions for this?
- Should I even worry about it or just wait until I can do a sub?
Phase 3 - Add a single 10" or two 10"s and sound proof the floors and doors
- Plan on getting a custom box and putting it on the 60 split side of the rear seat.
- Rear channel of amp bridged to power sub (maybe a 5 channel amp instead or separate amp later)
Option #1 CXS62 V.2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 ohm Component System
Option #2 UR6S - DLS 6.5" Ultimate Reference 2-Way Component System
Option #3 PC3.65C - Precision Power 6.5" Power Class Series 3 Way Component System http://www.woofersetc.com/p9224/PC365C--Precision-Power-65"-Power-Class-Series-3-Way-Component-System.htm
Also looking at some Focal's and Rainbow's (various models)
None - maybe some 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 mid-bass/sub woofers if they will fit and it's worth the effort/cost
Still looking into subs with a shallow mounting depth of less than 6"
JL Audio XD or HD series amp depending on build. Build will also determine 4 channel, 5 channel, or two separate amps.
- Located under drivers seat (option 1)
- Mounted under the rear seat on the 40 side if I only do the 1 sub option
Also have heard good things about the IA 6.4 digital amp. This is an option for $400.
Let me know what ya'll think or best routes to go. I think that's it, getting side tracked at work. Thanks!