Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Atlantic Pearl Blue Metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:75
jayhkr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jayhkr
Default ATV's

Hey guys, just got back from our anniversary trip and we had a blast! One of the best parts was we went riding on ATV's. First time for me, she has rode dirt bikes in the past. So we had a trail guide who was super nice, super informative and we got to thinking, why don't we look into getting ATV's for ourselves! Well I've been looking online at different areas in my city that sell them. What I want to know from some of you here is:
1) What do you recommend for adventure's that would use them 4-6 times a month?
2) Staying with the "utility" style ATV's (ie. Polaris Phoenix or Yamaha Grizzly), what size would you recommend?
3) As far as low maintance goes, which manufacturer's are best? I heard Yamaha's are great for low maintance.
4) What size trailer should I look into for 2 of these to fit on. I need to get a trailer anyway for my lawn tractor, so I might as well get one that fits the ATV's too. I had thought about getting a smaller trailer for one ATV and putting the other ATV in the bed of the truck, but that would be a pain to disengage the trailer for every load/unload (unless there are other suggestions)
5) Any specific questions I should ask the dealer that might help out with - price, features, service.

This won't be a purchase I plan on making for a while, but I want to get a head start on it now, so when I am ready to buy I know what to look for. Here's a few pictures of us. Wish I had a better picture of the ATV I was on the second time. I'm pretty sure it was a Grizzly 450 which I really liked over the sportsman 350 I was on early (the guide let me switch to the atv he was on) Thanks for the help everyone!

Sponsored links