View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 SLT C.C.
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:946
Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhkr View Post
Yeah, definately not going mudding that deep, at least not purposely. I was going to get at least 1 winch, I hear getting one for the front and back is a good combo too, but will probably hold off on that for a bit. So when I go out shopping I take it I'll want to make sure that the skid plate is steel/aluminum and not a hard plastic then, right? I found this trailer: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...7970_200347970 that I liked because it has a full length gate in the back and side ramps. The trick will be to see if I can get a dealership to give me the "package" deal! LOL "2-atv's and a trailer for 1 low price" That's actually how I shop for my vehicles, my wife and I will buy vehicles together when we can and it has saved us a lot in the past. The trick of this is keeping my impulse desire down so I don't just go out and buy. It's kind of hard look at our pictures and wanting to get back out there again!
I don't think your going to find a quad with an aluminum/steel skid plate unless you buy a used quad that someone put on. Pretty much all the skid plates are going to be plastic from the factory.
Also, when I bought my KFX the dealer was doing the "buddy pack" thing. It was 2 quads or a quad and a trailer. I didn't need the trailer because I only had one quad at the time.

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread