View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Tommy Behind The Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Just bought 2010 1500 - noob questions

I bought a 2010 1500 today that comes with the basic head unit. I'd like to upgrade to get the non-NAV mygig, bluetooth, and backup camera (I have two little kids).

Few questions:

Where should I buy them? Dealer is asking for full MSRP on the 3 units - I assume there is a forum sponsor that can gives better deals to forum members and is also a genuine OEM dealer that will keep the warranty intact?

Will any high speed mygig work (REN or RBZ)? Or do I need the exact part the dealer quoted me (5064757AD)? I have looked on the Jeep WK Mygig page and it shows that part number as the original equipment, but there are some deals on ebay for an RBZ that I think would work - it is $350 for the 5064675AG, which is high speed non-nav, non-Sat radio. I am sure it doesn't have OEM warranty so not sure I want to go that route.

Should I stay away from RBZ units? Seems to be some issues with them from reading the allgig posts in their vendor section of the forums.

I am sure I could get an aftermarket unit for less but prefer the OEM look to keep it clean...but is their a particular aftermarket unit that forum members recommend instead of going the OEM route? Not sure I want to go down that path but will consider it.

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to the new truck!
Sponsored links