Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram HD 4x4 S. Box
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
WesGPS will become famous soon enough
Default A different kind of "Bad Boy"

Nance Frame Outlaw Sprint Car. Me at Colorado National Speedway sometime in the 70's - 377 CI made by boring and / stroking a Chevy 350 motor. It's Methanol burning through Hilborn Fuel Injection, Isky Roller Cam, Miller Tri-Drive Dry Sump, Oil / Power Steering / Water. Magneto. Straight Drive. There is no clutch, transmission, flywheel, battery, or starter. There is an in/out box that you push down to engage the driveshaft. You are then pushed off by a track tow truck or such. 108" wheelbase of 650 HP bad bad race car. The slang name for them among drivers is "Sh*tbox"

Picture was snapped just as I pitched it into turn three at Raceland in Denver, Co. The very next lap in exactly the same place on the track, when I pitched it, the rear axle pushed the wheel center out of the right rear rim. I went to sleep pretty quick after I looked up and saw dirt going by at about 100 MPH so I didn't get to count the flips and rolls - my wife said she lost count.

My Bad Boy Hemi is quite a bit tamer but still a thrill to step on every now and then.

Just reminiscing about "back in the day"

2005 Dodge Quad Cab Heavy Duty 4X4 5.7L Hemi.
Air Lift Remotely Controlled Air Bags.
Hellwig Rear Anti Sway Bar.
Viair Onboard Air System.
Sponsored links