View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about
Default AT3030 review

So, I've had my 3030 installed for a couple weeks now and thought I would write a review to help those whom might be interested. To review I had the AT3030 (not the 3030XL) installed and had the resonator deleted similtaneously.

First impressions, I thought it was a little loud at first and almost slightly metalic in nature. I don't know how much exhaust breaks in but I would say it has almost mellowed a bit and is therefore more to my likeing. It is also possible the my ears "broke in" to the muffler a bit as well.

The one drawback I've noticed so far is that there is a bit of drone between about 30 - 45mph, peaking at 40. When it occurs (I think either only in OD1, or when the torque convertor locks up, but not sure which) it's very annoying and I find myself speeding up to reach 45 where it dissappears. I've not tried hitting the Tow/Haul button or playing with the tranny rocker switch yet but I'll give that a shot soon too.

On the upside, for the limited highway driving I've done the sound is very tolerable (not really loud at all once I'm up to speed) and there is no drone at that speed (leads me to belive the other drone is not related to the torque convertor). I've not driven enough yet really report on any milage effects.

I do feel as though I have a bit more power but, as we all know, a meaner sounding trucks has some psychosomatic affect as well. I have no real world number to support this, but the essentially straight through construction of this muffler supports the idea of better air flow.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, and while I would have like to have done a larger exhaust overhaul, I feel this was a very cost effective step.

If anyone is considering this muffler and has questions feel free.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.
Sponsored links