Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:10
Redlongbed is on a distinguished road
Default What do you guys think?

I have a 2002 5.9L Quad cab 4X4 longbox with 3.92 gears and the towing package. I tow my buddy's Jeep a few times a year to Rausch Creek Offroad park in PA and the Ram does fine. I would say its around 5500 pounds. I have seen tow ratings for this year from 8100 to 8350. Now I have bought a Jeep of my own, so my buddy and I have a problem; how to get two Jeeps to Rausch Creek with one gas truck. Does anyone know how much more my tow rating would increase with a fifth wheel setup? I'm guessing the total weight of trailer and both our Jeeps should be around 9000 pounds, give or take a few hundred pounds. I would have never even thought of trying to tow two Jeeps before with my truck, but the reason I am asking is because while driving home from picking my Jeep up in PA, I saw a 2000 Ford Expedition towing two large sedans on a trailer. Now if a Ford SUV can do this, on 83 which is pretty hilly, then I find it hard to believe that my truck wouldn't be able to, especially with a fifth wheel setup. I hope my truck can do this just for pride. ha-ha. Thanks in advance guys any help is appreciated! BTW I have a cold-air intake on the truck now and plan to get a superchips tuner and a new exhaust with shorty headers before attempting this tow.
Sponsored links