Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:19
colingibb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabch22 View Post
Hey guys,

Need some input from the pros and everyone else. I've been running stock w/ a 7 speaker infinity system (non-nav) because I didn't want to loose the free Sirius, but miss having a quality system.

I mostly listen to rock and some techno/hip hop/industrial. This project will be done in chunks, so here's what I was thinking.

Phase 1 - Replace HU and front speakers running of 4 chan amp.
  • Do I need the PAC Canbus adapter (C2r-CHY4) or can I just use the Merta amp bypass harness (70-6504)?
Phase 2 - Add some mid-bass/bass in the rear doors (maybe a 6 1/2 driver if it will fit)
  • Any suggestions for this?
  • Should I even worry about it or just wait until I can do a sub?
Phase 3 - Add a single 10" or two 10"s and sound proof the floors and doors
  • Plan on getting a custom box and putting it on the 60 split side of the rear seat.
  • Rear channel of amp bridged to power sub (maybe a 5 channel amp instead or separate amp later)
HU:

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Fronts:

Option #1 CXS62 V.2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 ohm Component System
http://www.woofersetc.com/p7173/CXS62-V2--Image-Dynamics-65"-2-ohm-Component-System.htm

Option #2 UR6S - DLS 6.5" Ultimate Reference 2-Way Component System
http://www.woofersetc.com/p9184/UR6S--DLS-65"-Ultimate-Reference-2Way-Component-System.htm

Option #3 PC3.65C - Precision Power 6.5" Power Class Series 3 Way Component System http://www.woofersetc.com/p9224/PC365C--Precision-Power-65"-Power-Class-Series-3-Way-Component-System.htm

Also looking at some Focal's and Rainbow's (various models)

Rears:

None - maybe some 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 mid-bass/sub woofers if they will fit and it's worth the effort/cost

Subs:

Still looking into subs with a shallow mounting depth of less than 6"

Amps:

JL Audio XD or HD series amp depending on build. Build will also determine 4 channel, 5 channel, or two separate amps.
  • Located under drivers seat (option 1)
  • Mounted under the rear seat on the 40 side if I only do the 1 sub option
Also have heard good things about the IA 6.4 digital amp. This is an option for $400.

Let me know what ya'll think or best routes to go. I think that's it, getting side tracked at work. Thanks!
Once my Free Sirius expired, I bought a new head unit, and subscribed to Sirius for the regular 12.95/month price. I then called about a week later to cancel, because I was disappointing with the sound quality, and they offered me a price of $20 for 5 months -- that's $4/month. I can live with that, and it's worth it to be able to have a new H/U.
For reference I replaced by 1.5 DIN Stock H/U with a Clarion nx500 with both the HD Radio and Sirius Add-ons. (Got these for free with the $50 gift card that came with the NX500 and then $100 gift card I got back because they reduced the price by $100 right after I bought it). I am very happy with this Setup