View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Fleet
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:47
Okiespaniels is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfgar View Post
thanks for the reply s. yeah it has alot of rake and my leaf springs are flat.i was wanting to but 2500 leafs in the back. if i do put 2500 springs in the front am i gonna have to get an diff track bar and with the 2500 springs all the way around will i have to get new shocks. thank
Couple/three things you should probably be aware of here...

You'll get maximum lift out of 2500 Cummins springs, because the diesel is about 500 lbs+ more than a gas engine weighs. You should also expect a horrible ride because there is no "preload" to your suspension. Your handling on washboard roads will be skittish even with new shocks.
Your track bar will be ok, but you should be aware that you'll get about 3 inches of lift from those Cummins springs, and that will move your axle back and offset it under the truck about 3/4 of an inch or more.
Since most 2500 leaf springs are 3 inches wide, you are also going to have to change your front and rear hangers out on your 1500 as it has only 2 1/2 inch wide leafs

EDIT: To me, the truck doesnt appear to be that raked. Your truck came with a 3 inch block from the factory, and the previous owner replaced it with a 6 inch block so he only lifted your rear 3 inches.
Try posting a CLEAR pic of your front coil, especially at the top.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 10-20-2010 at 03:37 PM.