Old 10-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
sinistersix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
They can't change the deal. They are PO'd because they did a dumb thing. It costs more than parts to fix what you said is wrong. Someone has to pay the tech that does the work.

Each department in a dealership is its own profit center. What that means is that when they buy a car or take it on trade, the service department does an inspection. Then tells sales what it will take to make it sellable. If sales wants to fix it, they pay the service department and the cost is added into the price of the car when they go to sell it.

Unless they can prove you lied to them, they don't have a leg to stand on. You should have put the bulbs in though. Its illegal to drive a car without working lights.
In hindsight I should have put bulbs in, I just didnt want to spend 40 dollars on bulbs when I know they could put bulbs in easily and cheap. There really was no malice on my part, I didnt try and screw them. Just seeing if they have any recourse or can do anything to the deal. Now I wont obviously go back there for warranty work, guess Ill have to find another dealer....