View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

The only thing they could try to do is not file appropriate paperwork (tags, title, etc.). However that is illegal. Once they made a contract with you and took your vehichle it trade that deal is over.

The ford dealer we bought my wife's car from tried to pull a similar stunt. They claimed that we were given a discount that should only have applied if we took financing through them and that we owed them another $500 as a result. I told them that if it was contingent upon Ford financing they should not have written it in the contract for us to take to our credit union for financing, and that they should not have accepted the payment, and that they should not have delivered us the vehichle if this was true. After that we started getting threatening calls from the accounting and sales departments saying that they would refuse to sign the title over. Our credit union also told us they had not yet claimed the draft. Of course we had been driving the car for almost a month at this point, so I sent a certified letter to the dealership GM and CC'ed sales, accounting, Ford's complaint department, and the BBB explain what happened, instructing them to corispond with me only in writing from that point forward, and offer to return the vehichle in exchange for the unclaimed bank draft. We got a call a week later to tell us the plates were in and never heard another peep about the $500.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.