Old 10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 2500 Megacab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:167
jpaul51 has a spectacular aura aboutjpaul51 has a spectacular aura about

Good call! Hard to trade off something you've not had for very long and lose all the money you have in repairs. It should be good to go for quite a while! From what i've heard to clean the throttlebody unhook it and use brake cleaner on it. They can get pretty dirty. When I changed the throttlebody out on my hemi for the fastman ported tb the stock one had a oily build up on the back of it from the vapors the egr puts back through the intake. If you are cleaning the tb you might also consider running a bottle of seafoam through the break booster vacum line. This will clean out the intake manifold as well as engine. Put in about 2/3 bottle and truck will idle real rough and probably die. If if doesn't die turn it off and let it soak 15-25 min. and restart your truck. It will smoke like a sob but that is all the crap that was built up in your engine. Run it untill it quits smoking and you are good to go. My truck is an '07 hemi with a around 56,500 on it and I did this treatment last week and my truck runs like new.
2007 Ram 1500 QC - SOLD and bought a 2009 4x4 Megacab 2500 with 6.7 Cummins. Full Sinister EGR/Throttle Valve/dpf deletes, 4" Turbo back exhaust, Banks cold air intake, EFI Live tuning by Anarchy Diesel running 100hp Street tune. Peragon bed cover.