View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjshealy View Post
Thanks 98, i appreciate your response. I'm firm with believing there are no DTC's, so it's not a sensor issue. There's always been people telling me "that's not true, the light doesn't have to be on for a computer controlled sensor to be bad" But, in my 9 years of working on vehicles i've never found one with a bad sensor that didnt flash a code. I'm not going to replace the MAP. That would be acting different and steady if it was. Coonhound (lol) i will be checking the crank sensor tonight for tightness and do an electrical test. And no ramtech, the plenum gasket is ok. I've leak searched intake mani and the TB for leaks, none found. No vacuum leaks that i can find either. Im so lost i don't even know what to do. It's been connected to my brother's girl's uncle's Commercial OBD-2 scanner and he said there isn't anything he can find either. Thank you guys for your input, but PLEASE keep it coming, i really need this truck. thanks.
Did you check the plenum pan gasket for a leak with a vacuum gauge? That's the only way to be sure. I'm not saying you should replace the MAP sensor, but it should be tested as failure without setting a code is common with them.