View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
sgtwilliams is on a distinguished road
Default 2009 RAM Front bumper off center

I have a 2009 RAM which since I got it the front bumper is off center approx 1 inch. Most readily noticed on the passenger side where it buts right to the plastic bumper cover, vs the driver side where there is an inch gap.

Likewise if you look straight down from the RAM emblem on the hood, (using a level or some such tool) the line is no where near the center of the two license plate screw holes.

I had the truck in to my local dealership for a recall this week, and asked them to take care of this for me as well.

First answer- that is within tolerances, (Whose I asked, certainly not mine)

Second Answer- We dont have a code to bill Chrysler to fix that. (now I am getting somewhere)

Third answer- The body shop manager looked around the lot and there are lots of trucks with this same problem.

I had to pick it up tonite as I need to drive tomorrow, I left a message for a call back. And I can follow up with my salesman tomorrow.

So do I cry foul? Out of tolerance?? I only have 15K on this truck and I maintain it meticulously, Intending to drive it till the wheels come off or 30 years whichever comes first.

Im new here, any advice appreciated.

Crooked bumper guy.
Sponsored links