Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab, 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red/Sandstone
Rep:91
dgard61 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgard61 View Post
Received the Billet Tech Oil Catch Can last week. Only 4 days from time of placing order. Ordered the satin finish, going to attempt to polish it myself. Will follow up post with results on the polishing & install later. Here are a few pic's.
Well got the catch can polished. It came out pretty good. Could have got it better but the old fingers just about had it. Decided to install it today. (Weather cooperated)

1. Took off the engine cover and the intake tube(required)before removing intake tube unplug the Inlet air temperature electrical connection. Also removed the air filter box(not required but makes it a little easier to work). Filter box just lifts straight up off it's locating pins.

2. Remove the PCV tube from the PCV Valve and the Throttle Body.Some members have had trouble removing the tube from the throttle body. Got lucky, mine came off with very little problem.

3. Attach catch can with Z bracket to the threaded hole on the front right side cylinder head.(Hole closest to the bottom of cyl head.)

4. Attach long hose to PCV valve and the short hose to the Throttle Body. This is where I did alot of pushing, wiggle, twist, lube, curse etc., and the problem was I ordered the black braided lines from Billet Tech. The fitting's on the can are a little smaller than the PCV and Throttle body fittings. The hose fits the catch can perfectly. Ended up putting the ends in boiling water for a few minutes managed to get them on. Cut hoses to length and attach to catch can.(went on with no problem)

5. Reinstall the engine cover(make sure the 2 pins on the back go into the grommets at the back of the engine compartment)Drop air filter box back into location and attach intake tube(don't forget to plug in the Inlet air temperature electrical connection.)

6. Overall it took me approx 1 1/2 hrs. 1 hr of that was spent trying to get the hoses on the PVC valve and Throttle Body. A step stool is a requirement for doing just about anything in the engine compartment(Well I'm also vertically challenged)The only tools required were a Std screw driver and a 13mm socket wrench.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2392.jpg (94.5 KB, 1242 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2396.jpg (88.1 KB, 1100 views)
File Type: jpg PCV Tube2.jpg (138.3 KB, 1523 views)
File Type: jpg Cyl Head Hole2.jpg (127.1 KB, 1424 views)
File Type: jpg Z Bracket Mount2.jpg (120.3 KB, 1387 views)
File Type: jpg PCV Valve.jpg (103.0 KB, 1367 views)
File Type: jpg Throttle Body2.jpg (125.1 KB, 1399 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2424.jpg (127.3 KB, 1540 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2430.jpg (125.1 KB, 1444 views)
File Type: jpg Grommets.jpg (138.2 KB, 1503 views)
Vent Visor's, Bug Deflector, Chrome Fuel Door, Bak Flip G2 Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, EZ Down Tailgate Dampener, Line X Spray in Box Liner, WeatherTech Winter Mats, Husky Moulded Mud Flaps, Billet Tech Oil Catch Can, 12" S/S Antenna Mast, Chrome T/G Handle, Mopar CAI, Painted Engine Cover, Billet Tech Polished Underhood Cap's, Front Window Tint, Billet Hitch Cover, Anti-Theft Valve Cap's, MGP Caliper Covers, Retractable S/S Stake Pocket Anchors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Recon LED Light Bar, Polished Billet Lock Pins, Mopar S/S Door Sills, Interior LED's, Mopar LED Cargo Bed Lights, Billet Throttle Body Cover