View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleARS View Post
Howdy Dodge Ram Audio Experts,

I am redoing the audio system in my Truck. Most of the components are starting to float in from UPS and FedEx. It took me awhile to decide on what to get and I'm pretty confident with everything except the rear door speakers. I choose the Alpine SPR-17C 6.5" speakers. Crutchfield says they will not fit but I found several posts around the internet where people said they have used them in the rear doors of their rams.

I took the panel off one of my rear doors and test fit the speaker. It looks like the only issue is that the hole size is just a little too small to fit the full shape of the back of the speaker. The only thing I can think to do is grind it out a little. Does anyone have any experience with these speakers in a ram or with making the hole larger? What would you use? I can borrow a die grinder though I've never used one. I have a dremel tool with a cutting wheel for steel.

Thanks for your help!
The dremel would work good. I used a jigsaw on the front doors of my 2008 with good success. Just make sure to wear safety glasses, them little bits of metal fly everywhere!

Have you thought about a spacer though? Just a simple 1/2" piece of MDF might give you enough clearance to avoid cutting the metal.

Last edited by chithead; 11-03-2010 at 01:45 AM.