Old 11-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

fellas, Id like to add some info to this thread with my evaluation of my recent mod.. Ive recently installed the AFE stage 11 intake and tested it last friday eve nov 6. Well..................it was a disaster get this DA was -1300, prime for some awesome runs! All I could squeeze out of the AFE was a 14.008 I was strangling the hell out of that Diablo tuner changing WOT fuel richness etc.. and couldnt get anything to work. My previous best 13.783 was in +273 DA with my OEM modded intake which can be found here
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61243
easily outperformed this AFE stage 11. My conclusion is, a (my) modded OEM intake runs stronger with a (canned) 93 tune than the aftermarket CAI with same (canned) 93 tune. These are my findings and provenNaturally it would be different if I had a custom tune with the AFE 11 but that would be a waste of money to me especially not having headers yet. I yanked it out and put back my modded OEM back on and I will have 3 more tries for that elusive 13.6sssss
I have had this truck 3 months and have been to the track 10 times with over 80 slips to show for it and absolutely enjoyed every bit of it. My goal was to crack 13.6999 with the mods in my sig. and missed the opportunity the other nite. Should of left her alone and ran with normal setup..did the math and I couldve snagged a 13.578 the other nite with the -DA 1300 with my normal setup but I dont believe in the shoulda, coulda, woulda BS. (This stuff is kiddy pool for some of the heavy hitters here but for people that just want to do modest bolt ons I hope you find this informative or helpful)

Of course Im a little upset but I have 3 more track days. Ive attached my previous best with the OEM modded intake on the left slip left lane and AFE stage 11 on the right slip solo.. DA can be verified dragtimes..
I guess what Im trying to say is.. to the people that really believes in their OEM box being pretty good design? youve got my vote
note: I will be putting back my aftermarket CAI on when I get headers and a custom tune..but not now

Last edited by autobred; 01-10-2011 at 03:04 PM.