Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Daytona Edition #363
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:24
DoubleARS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleARS View Post
Thanks! I will be using an adapter that came with the speakers that is already a 1/2". I test fit the panel on and I don't think I can go much thicker.

What attachment did you use on the dremel?
Thanks again for the input on this minor issue. It turns out the Alpine SPR-17C speakers come with a ring that I missed when I first opened the box. So the speakers fit well and all I had to do was drill a couple of holes for the adapter bracket. I can't wait to be done.

I have just a couple of additional questions and I will hopefully leave everyone alone.

1) I am putting an Alpine PDX-5 and Imprint under the driver's front seat. Of course, both need to be grounded. I've heard some say they have had problems attaching to the seat mount hardware and some swear by it. What are your thoughts? Should I grind off paint. Is there a better bolt closer that I am missing? Should I put in a bolt?

2) I am running Ai-Net cable from the H/U to the Imprint and RCA's from the Imprint to the amplifier. I have run new speaker wire to the rear doors already and I will be doing the front next. I received a Chrysler harness to attach to the Alpine H/U when I bought it from Crutchfield. I was thinking that I would not bother with connecting the speaker wires from the H/U to the factory harness and instead tape them off. Is this a good idea?

3) It looks like I have managed to keep the speaker wires away from the amp power except for the front speaker. It looks like I will cross the power cable but I am trying to do it at a right angle. Do you think this will be an issue? Anyway I can shield or protect it? I really want to avoid noise.

4) If you have mounted a bluetooth box in your ram, where did you put it? I'm not talking about the mic but the actual box.

Sorry for all the questions. I think this should get me through the remainder of the install. It's been great so far though I am really not looking forward to running the speaker wire for the front doors. The back were hard enough and the front look harder.