View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPak07 View Post
I was looking at getting those two lifts before and I was going to go with the Bilsteins. I believe the use of the Bilsteins brings the spring seat up to give the extra lift. I think it is like the Bilstein 5100s. I might be wrong but thats what I was under the impression of. The spacers are definitely not a bad way to lift the truck. I have a Fabtech lift kit and it uses a 4" spacer. The ride quality is wicked I have no complaints.

The Rancho kit only allows you to raise the truck by 4". This is because they use the same principles as the Bilstein 5100s. the spring seat will be raised by the use of Ranchos shock (Quick Lift). The other 2" of lift will be like every other lift, new steering knuckles.

Really in all honesty there is not a big difference with the ride quality with the spacers or the strut. I would personally go with the Superlift if I had to choose out of the 2. The spacer you never really have to worry about it breaking or anything. The spring seat might give way over time and lots of abuse.

Are you looking at getting a 4" or 6" lift? If you are debating between the two I would recommend going ll the way and get yourself a 6" lift. You will be much happier with that.

I agree totally!!