Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn
Color: white
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
hckyplyr is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 Ram Uconnect problem. Please help

Hi Guys,
I have done a search on the problem I'm having, and my problem seems to be unique compared to the other problems. My dad just purchased a 2011 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the factory installed Uconnect. He has a motorola razor phone. We paired the phone, set the priority, etc etc. When my dad MANUALLY turns on his bluetooth in the truck, incoming phone calls work by coming through the uconnect. Also, when making outgoing calls, it works great. Clarity and everything else is great. Here's the problem though. If my dad doesn't manually turn his bluetooth applicator on (on his cell phone), the uconnect wont automatically connect to his cell phone. It has connected automatically when he gets in the vehicle a couple times, and will then automatically shut off when he turns the ignition off and opens the door, but this ONLY happens probably 1 out of 10 times. What are we doing wrong? Basically, we want the uconnect to automatically connect to his cell phone when he gets in the vehicle, without him manually turning on the bluetooth function on his cell. Thanks for all your help guys!
Sponsored links