View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by latitud View Post
Well let me give you the "other" side of the story.

Will Acetone harm rubber and plastic...yes..over time..in 100% form. Since you add only 1.5 to 2 oz per 10 gal of fuel..that equates to 1660 oz of fuel and 4 oz of acetone in a typical 26 gal ram tank. That ratio will not break down rubber or plastic. I have been running it in a plastic tank with stock rubber fuel lines for over 150,000 miles and there is no issues with it at all. I drive consitantly the same route and with consistantly the same patterns of traffic and I average 34 mpg using it. And I can tell you from personal experiences, it does indeed increase mpg. This is all my experience in my 99 Dodge Neon. And I am a true believer that it works. Granted it costs a lot more now since the government is cracking down on home drug businesses..evidently acetone is used in the process. It used to be about $6/gal...but now it is about $14/gal.
Since acetone is highly volatile and a very powerful solvent, it makes a good agent for use in the purification of many chemical compounds. It's also easy to obtain for the average person because it requires no license to purchase.

Out of curiousity is your neon a manual or automatic?

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.