View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about
Question Exhaust options?

I have an '09 TRX (w/ single exhaust). I'm wrestling with design/performance options re: modifying the muffler/exit and have a few questions.

I don't have the nice 4G bumper cut-outs or else I'd go with a dual exit set-up. I'm leaning towards a SI-DO muffler but I'm not sure what exit to go with. I've seen dual exits out the side (behind the rear wheel) and that looks OK. I've also seen set-ups similar to the SRT-10 trucks that have a double-wide cut-out on (1) side in the rear with a dual exit. That could be pretty cool. I've also thought about just doing a SI-SO muffler and dumping it either just in front of or behind the rear axle and not worrying about the exit. One concern with that option though - If I get a bed cover/cap later on down the road (pun intended!) will I need to worry about fumes getting into the bed area (esp. idling in traffic)?

I guess it will depend upon the muffler chosen as to whether or not I need to keep the rear resonator as well (definitely keeping the forward resonators though!). That's another discussion probably.

Thanks in advance for the input.
Sponsored links