View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

Took it in to the muffler shop after the dealer today.

I told the guy at the counter (not the owner) the story and said I was told to bring it in for them to see. They put it up on the lift, looked at it, and immediately started cutting the work they had done off and replacing it.

One of the guys (I think the owner's son) came in and told me that 3" pipe is significantly more expensive than 2.5" and that I was probably only charged for the 2.5" pipe. I agreed that this was probably the case as the quote I recieved on the phone was $100 but that I was only charged $80, which I was happy about until I realized it had been done wrong, and if they had asked I would have told them to stick with 3" pipe. He then told me that 3" pipe should have cost $50 more than what I was quoted (I find that hard to belive). So then I asked what the situation was going to be for today with that in mind. He said they were just going to take care of it since I was unhappy.

So, long story short, even though the one kid gave be a bit of a hard time, they took care of it at no additional charge. I also checked out the new work before I left, I couldn't tell it had been redone, and the welds were much cleaner than the first time (I think they had a more experienced guy do the work this time). Ultimately I lost an extra 45 minutes by having to rturn and have it redone, but I felt they treated me well, and I would probably recomend them to a friend, provided of course they be very specific about what they expect.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.