Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:83
cosbourn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetolleyman View Post
Flexalite make an electric called the "Black Magic" that fits inside the factory shroud and provides even more flow than the stock mech fan. Should definately free up a couple, but no more, horsepower. However they run almost $400 with all the required hardware and such.

I was hoping to just replace the clutch/fan combo with a simple flex fan. I guess those days are gone. I couldn't find a single match for one online.
flex-a-lite sells kits, black magic is just the name of the fan, idk what the model is for the 4.7 but for the 5.7 its the 183 model. But it comes with everything you need, hardward, wiring, controller, etc. I would go on their website and look up part number, and then cross check google for price. But If your gonna take the clutch fan off you might as well replace it with an electric one. it will free up mpg and hp/tq guaranteed and help your motor warm up and last longer.
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar w/ IPF 968CSG lights, Husky Mud Flaps, Bedlined GoRhino Dominator II steps, Bedlined Fuel Door, RBP Pedal-Covers, Clarion CZ300, Composite BFI (#71) w/ 8" Tall Amsoil Filter + K&N Drycharger Prefilter, AirRam Scoop, Flex-a-Lite 183, dumped Aeroturbine 3030XL