Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:83
cosbourn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieece View Post
What is the difference in a regular 4x4 and the 4x4 Off Road. I mean is it just a suspension difference... I asked my local dealer several months ago and they could not tell me the difference. Nor could they tell my the difference in the newer TRX 4x4.

Anyhow what is the difference
offroad package comes with skid plates, 3.92 lim slip gearing, diff wheels, and some other things to beef up the Offroad capability. Suspension is also bigger and depends from what generation you are referring to. nothing that couldnt be obtained from a few mods, but it would be something else to add to the truck and take from your wallet. ha.

2nd gen rams have a 3 inch stock lift over the reg 4x4. My buddy has got one and we have measured. 3rd gens are a little taller over reg 4x4's but not 3"..I think it's somewhere around 2".

the trx4's i have no idea, they sure have the same exact stance as a normal 4x4 so i don't know, maybe a 4th gen owner will pipe in.
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar w/ IPF 968CSG lights, Husky Mud Flaps, Bedlined GoRhino Dominator II steps, Bedlined Fuel Door, RBP Pedal-Covers, Clarion CZ300, Composite BFI (#71) w/ 8" Tall Amsoil Filter + K&N Drycharger Prefilter, AirRam Scoop, Flex-a-Lite 183, dumped Aeroturbine 3030XL