Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 03 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4X4 5.7H
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Two Tone - Grey/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:38
pieece is on a distinguished road
Default Just got out

Just got out of the army a few months ago. I was in for just over 3 years. I spent 15 months in Iraq attached to the Triple Nickle from Ft. Lost in the woods.

Craziest military experience... well I got a sh*t load of them.

I was doing route clearance on route lime. Leading the convoy in a D7G Dozer. already ran over 6 IEDs... One of those IEDs was a double stacked AT mine. I watched that double stacker blow a buffalo arm off not even 30ft. from me.

Anyhow finally we reached the insurgent strong point (a city that we were suppose to clear); Took a right hand turn entering the city and WHAM! I was blown up by a 155mm round. Cut the track to my dozer and knocked me out for a few. EOD Clear for IEDs around me. Then I was pulled out and evaluated by our meddac. While I was being checked out my other buddy in another D7 dozer struck 3 smaller IEDs (20lbs explosives in oil jugs ) They finally pulled him out and I volunteered to bring his dozer back to safety. As They droped me off at his dozer (still in shock from earlier blast) The buffalo was backing away and set another IED off as I was getting into his dozer. . I pulled his back to safety.

While I was still dazed I spent the next 8 Hours trying to figure out how to load my D7G dozer onto a Het with a blown off track (wont move worth sh*T!!!).

Thats it all in a nutshell I guess. Have some other crazy stories I will share sometime.

That was one of the longest 3 days in my life. I will never forget that day. Ever.

Also i'm a bronze star recipient. Earned it as a PFC.
17" Eagle Rims/2" Leveling Kit/33" Nitto Terra Grapplers/Billet Grille/K&N CAI/SUPERCHIP/-5% Tint/Black Chrome Running Boards/Black Chrome Light Bar/Behind the Grille Running lights - HALOS/4 100W KC Daylighters - Black/Fire-Ice Bar/Recon Smoked LED Cab Lights/Electronic Safe/
Sponsored links