View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3930
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2010 November - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Congratulations to our November Winner

dodgeman70592

And now a word from your winner.......

Well, where do I begin....

I would first and foremost like to thank everyone who voted, whether it was for me or otherwise, just the avid participation and involvement of our great members makes this place “The Place to Be”.

I would also like to take a minute to say what the RamForumZ and affiliating Z sites mean to me. For me it's not only a place to find info and solutions to problems or issues, or to find the latest, greatest mod to do. It's a place of great civility which is hard to come by on an internet forum (trust me, I know). I have met some great folks here, to which some I can now call “friends”. For me its a place that I can share my views and ideas with others who share my interest and passions.

Now, a bit about me...
After having several different trucks in the past, which some treated me good, some didn't. I went to a local auto show, where local dealers gather once a year and bring tons of inventory and give the best deals. I looked and test drove at least 10 trucks that day, anywhere from Chevy, GMC, Ford, Toyota, and even Nissan. Then, I walked down to the Dodge lot, and by the way, this was 2003, when the Hemi first came out. I knew I liked the look of the trucks, but I had to know what the hype was all about. After test driving a QC Hemi, I was sold. There was nothing I drove that day that had the “it” factor, so I knew it had to be mine. Well, unfortunately, it wasn't to be. After talking with loan officers on site, we could never come to a financial agreement, so that was that....or so I thought.

My salesman told me he would make me a deal I couldn't refuse, and I had a choice. He showed me a RC Hemi 4x4 ST 5 spd model which would have fit my budget, and he showed me a RC 4.7 2wd SLT automatic, which also was right in line. Well after driving both, naturally I wanted the bigger motor w/ 4wd. I didn't care about shifting and rolling down window manually, I wanted power! Well, you have to take into account I am married...... sooooo, we ended up with the 4.7 with all the bells and whistles. After owning it for a bit over a year, my wife knew I had really had my heart set on the QC Hemi. She called my salesman, and asked him to be on the lookout for something that I was wanting, but maybe a program one, or a low mile trade in. I get a call from him one day, and he told me if I still wanted a QC Hemi, to come down and meet him, he had another offer I couldn't refuse. (He was all about putting someone in a vehicle they loved) Well, I get there, and there it was....an 04 QC Hemi w/ a hair over 9k miles. The guy had just bought it a couple months earlier, but never bothered to make sure he could pull his camper with it. Anyway, the guy realized that his camper, which was a 39' triple axle would be way to much weight for the half ton, and traded it for a 2500 CTD.

Well, after 4 hrs of walking around this truck and driving it (I'm not kidding, 4 hrs.), I knew I had to have it. My salesman let me know that I could trade right out of the RC and into this one for the same note. Well, needless to say, it was mine. I have had her for almost 6 years now, and still she drives like new. Since I bought my first Ram in 03, I am a die hard Dodgeman (get it). I even bought my wife an 04 Stratus not long after, and then now the latest, an 09 SRT8 Chally. For us, it's Mopar or no car.

I have enjoyed sharing my views, opinions, and experience with fellow Mopar enthusiast, and will hopefully do the same for years to come.

Once again, thanks to everyone here at the Z for making this such a wonderful place to be, and for voting me in for such a great honor.

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Sponsored links