Old 12-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road
Default Waterless Car Wash again

I would like to thank Kuma letting us all know about this product.
A little history of my truck and its paint protection.
When I bought the truck july 2009 I was sold PERMA PLATE PAINT PROTECTION
Not visiting any forums till sometime after I had the truck I was not aware of the negative reviews that these kind of products had, and if I had become I probably would not of had it done. On reflection I think it was a wise if not an ignorant move. The guy who applied the PERMA PLATE did a good job which is not always the case.The front widow still after 17 months still beads and repels the rain as it did originally I still have the original wiper blades and no complaint about the wipers. This shows me that product is still working as lack of long levity is often a complaint.
I have washed the truck regularly since new and after some suggestions from this forum I started to add more protection in the form of waxing beginning from the spring of this year though the Perma Plate was still beading like the truck had been waxed. I have no swirls etc never clay bared and the paint it is still very smooth no nibs etc this maybe due to the care I taking washing, who knows? Just a few shallow scratches around the cargo boxes may be from putting thing in carelessly.
Just over a month ago I tried for the first time Dry wash ultra-iron just to see if the product was any good. I followed the instructions and with experience I will probably be more efficient and do a better job.Here in Seattle you know by rumor that we have our fair share of rain, so come November a truck can get plenty dirty, after a couple of weeks I went to clean the truck again put the hose on just to wash away the mud and worst rubbish round the wheel wells and lower sections of the doors Then continued to wash the truck as instructed with a very wet fiber cloth and a drying cloth, with me that is a sham-wow you cannot believe how easy it was and how clean the truck was.
Today nearly 3 weeks later I repeated the process this is after the snow we had up here, the truck was pretty grimy but really easy to clean, this after only one cleaning using dry wash. The thing that really sells me on this product is the way the water beads and runs off after the truck is cleaned,and just wiping the dirt grime of with just a wet micro fiber cloth.The shine is just the same as if it had been waxed To my mind it is far superior than wax so the protection of your paint work I would think must be better.
Sponsored links