View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
NCDEVILDOG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NCDEVILDOG

I have bigger tires on my truck, 285/75/16's. You will notice a difference with larger size tires on your truck. I have my truck leveled with a 2 inch level kid for the front, because i didnt like the look of it stock. Before it was leveled, the back was higher than the front by about 2 inches, so I raised the front 2 inches to make it sit level and look better in my opinion.

Actually lifting vs levling is where it gets complicated. Some guys lift their trucks for the look only, and they never see offroad terrain. Most guys lift their truck to get bigger tires and/or to get more clearance for offroading conditions.

Gas mileage will be affected alittle bit depending on how much bigger the tire is than stock. Mine wasnt much, only about 1 mpg difference. The bigger the tire, the more rolling resistance you should have, inturn making your engine work harder to roll the tires down the road.

Some trucks suspensions will feel "bouncier" than others. The higher you go the more you will feel the bumps in the road and have more body roll normally.

This is just my opinion on the things you asked. There are many "gurus" on the Z that can answer your questions in more detail.