View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

A leveling kit will give you just a little bit of extra clearance in the front, but most people (like myself) level their trucks to get rid of the rake and to fit larger tires on the truck.

With lifts, you open up a whole new world of options. I know for the 4th gen trucks, like yours, BDS makes a great 6" lift that some people on this site have. When people lift their trucks, a lot of them do it for looks, but some do it for the actual purpose of extra clearance. What really turned me off lifting my truck was, when you haul something, you have to buy a drop hitch, which look dumb in my opinion, and if you only have a half-ton truck with a fairly large load on the back, your front end will sit a lot higher then the rear end of the truck which looks dumb too.

IMO, a leveling kit would be best, if your looking for a little extra clearance. You can always get a 285/75/17 tire which would give your truck just a little extra clearance, since the tires would be taller then stock. With bigger tires, it may feel a little more sluggish, because your truck is pushing more weight. With 305's you probably felt the tires a lot more than a 285 tire. If you went with just a 285, or even a 275, you probably wouldn't feel the difference, as much as you would a 305 tire.