View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
I have a 6" BDS +2" 37x12.50x20 Nitto Trail grapplers and the reason I lifted my truck is I love lifted trucks.They look great to me.

My truck is a street truck and will probably never see mud.My Nitto's are pretty quiet for a mud tire.

The risks?On lift trucks if it is done right I don't know of many risks.Ball joints can go bad.Suspension lifts like I have lower everything down to pretty much stock while your suspension goes up to make your truck higher.My truck rides great still.I havn't seen much of a power loss and I only lost maybe 2 mpg.

Leveling kits can cause problems, ball joints going bad and cv's are at a bad angle on some cases.You level a truck so it does not nose dive and to put bigger tires on there.

I hope I answered some of your questions for ya .
I have to agree with Bighorn, lifted trucks look awesome! And the 4th gens look really good with a lift. I really like Bighorns truck, and wish he would take it offroading lol. But, if you're going into parking garages, there's no way you'd make it in with a lift.