View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:10
duster7469 is on a distinguished road

I do not know what you mean by co or apps. The transfer pump was replaced by the dealer about 6 or 7 months before i started getting the dead pedal. The replacement was done because a friend of mine who worked at my dealership said it was worth doing to prevent problems down the road. My dead pedal is this: Usually at low speeds, I will press down on pedal and get nothing. The tranny shifts down, but I get no power from the engine. I will shift to neutral and turn engine off and restart and the power comes back upon start up. Sometimes I can get away with just working the pedal up and down. But most of the time this does not help. This situation happens more when the engine is cold. We replaced the TPS and the problem did not go away. I hooked a OBD to the truck and got a Injection timing circuit malfunction message. Along with a PO216 code. This problem for the most part does not happen at highway speeds. I have been driving the truck like this for 3 years and I feel it is getting worse. It is a pain in the neck now, but I fear we may get stranded someday.