View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F-150
Trim Level: XLT
Color: Metallic Blue
Rep:91
bigdaddyII will become famous soon enough
Default Drivers door lock switch.........

Since I bought the truck I have not been able to lock/unlock the power door locks with the drivers switch. The passenger side works fine. I always thought it was the drivers switch assembly and when it bothered me enough I would replace it. Recently I started having trouble with my passenger side window switch. It would lower the window but would take quite a bit of playing with the switch to get it to go back up. When this would happen with the drivers switch the passenger switch would not work either. I let it get to the point that in the past week I wondered on several occasions whether or not I was going to get the window back up, so I went to the Dodge parts dept and bought a new assembly. $128 later all of my windows work from each respective switch as well as the drivers switch. The power locks did not however. I dont hear any motors running, any trying, nothing. This disappoints me as its a pain in the ass to keep leaning over to unlock the doors when someone wants to get in (picking someone up, waiting in car for someone) as the doors automatically lock upon starting vehicle.

I have checked fuses, opened the door and checked wires in the loom going from the door to the cab. No dice on any of it. The truck does have an Aviatla alarm installed, that was installed when I bought it. I downloaded and printed an installation manual for the alarm and traced all the wiring and it is all correct. Any ideas? Im at a loss and wanting to get this taken care of.