View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:22
Rob Wallace is on a distinguished road
Default 4.7 Intake resonator box delete

Well I have been researching on what I would do for a cheap intake mod. I didnt want to pay a few hundred dollars for an aftermarket one so I made my own based from ideas found here. I used a 90 degree tube and 6 in. straight intake tube and connected them together using couplers. The couplers and tubes are 3 in. OD made by Spectre found at any auto parts store. I had to drill a 1/2 in. hole in the straight tube for the IAT. I had problems when it came time to connect the 3in. straight with the stock flex hose, but found a solution. There is a black 3.5 in. gasket that goes over the resonator opening that connects it to the TB. I slid the gasket over the straight tube and forced it into the stock flex hose. I then tightened the clamp down until the pipe was tight. Then I removed the stock airbox and drilled 5 holes using a 1/2 in. bit to pull in more air from the fender area. I then replaced the stock filter with a k&n panel filter. I think this will satisfy me for now. Let me know what you think...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truckintake.jpg (7.5 KB, 50 views)
Sponsored links