Old 12-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
mark1963 is on a distinguished road
Default having a little heater issue, ( PLEASE HELP )

i have been having a little heater issue, i first thought i had something in my heater core so i flushed it a few times with the garden hose, the water goes thru with no problem, i did notice that when i flush it that the water goes thru better when flshed from the top side rather then from the bottom, i was just wondering when they replaced the thermostat if they reversed my heater hoses, the hoses cross them selfes, can someone send me a digram or let me know witch hose goes where?? the wat it is now is THE HOSE FROM THE TOP OF THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING IS GOING TO THE BOTTOM OF THE HEATER CORE SO IT HAS TO PUSH THE COOLENT UP STREAM, i think thats why the water flowed alot better flushing it from the top of the CORE BECAUSE IT WAS GOING DOWN STREAM,, so my question is is TOP HOSE FROM THE THRMO HOUSING GO TO THE TOP OF THE CORE RATHER THEN THE BOTTOM & THE BOTTOM HOSE GO TO THE BOTTOM RATHER THEN THE TOP AS IT IS NOW?? the way it is now each time i flush the core it blows very hot intill i get into the gas, drop into passing gear ( high RPM's ) then it only blows warm on the passeger side and cools off a bit on drivers side, can someone please let me know if the heater hoses go from top to top, & bottom to bottom so the water is running down stream in the heater core, sorry the thread is so long, i am tired of flushing & wasting coolent,, PLEASE HELP,, MARK
Sponsored links