Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T Reg Cab
Color: Black
Rep:54
boomershouse will become famous soon enough
Default Exhaust Options for my R/T

Need some advice on my exhaust ideas. I dont know why, but I want something diffrent. I'm looking to modify my exhaust and im intrested in the borla s-type mufflers with a x-pipe true dual to the headers. Borla S-type mufflers are 10in long and 5 in diamater. Since i have to cut the resonators off why not repalce them with a muffler instead of pipe. The mufflers are the same diameter as the factory resonators heat sheild. Looking at my truck I just have to cut off the resonators and replace them with the s-type mufflers. Then cut off exhaust pipe at the muffler, and cut off the y pipe, and replace it with the x-pipe. If this set up is too loud I can add another set s type mufflers behind the x-pipe or a resonator instead. Im thinking I can modify a exhaust kit already made currently by borla. looking at the website I would say that say s-type set up fpr the srt-8 cherokee would work. Has anyone used a x-pipe on an R/T and? Attached is a picture of the setup im thinking of doing. Ideas are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg borla exhaust.jpg (14.5 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by boomershouse; 12-19-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Sponsored links