Color: Inferno on Slate
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
hpc3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hpc3
Default Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2ryde View Post
I also want to do the very same to my 2010 Laramie, install 305/55's, level up the nose some, you have a good thought on not stressing out the front with the highest setting. Are you happy with that decision? I also want to put the rear shocks on because I do a good bit of towing and hauling. I am hoping the rear will not sag so easily as it does stock especially with my nose lifted 2" . Think that will work or should I just go with air bags? How are you liking your K/O's? I have them on a Jeep and like them but they are so much more expensive than all other choices
I'm mostly happy with the setup in the 4th clip. Honestly I'd really like to have gone the extra ~0.5" on the fronts to do a complete level and have it match the rear but the minute I put my motorcycle trailer with some weight on it it balances out. I'm still thinking I may raise the fronts and add a 3/4" spacer to the rears but will probably wait until the Spring now. Truck drives and handles well with the lift(and alignment).

On the KOs, this is my 3rd or 4th set and I really like these tires for their aggressive looks and good all-around handling. They perform well for street and trail/field duty. The thing I don't like about them is they are a good ~20lbs heavier per tire than my stockers and you can really feel this in the truck. I think if I'd just done the Bilsteins with stock tires the truck would handle a lot better, noticeable difference. With the heavier tires it feels like the stock truck, which is not bad but isn't drastically different. Another thing to note is the mileage. I knew I'd lose a little on MPG... just didn't realize it would be ~3mpg overall. Thats substantial. My 3rd Gen 2500 QC Cummins didn't notice the tires as much as the Hemi does. Like the tires but it would have been smarter to stay with a thinner, lighter, dual purpose tire I think. Oh well, they look good at least haha.

Don't know on the bags - heaviest I've towed with this truck is ~3K lbs with maybe a 400lb tongue weight... wasn't enough to affect the rake much.