Vehicle: 2013 QC Bighorn Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Max Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
NumberCruncher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridetheworld View Post
FYI...I am running 3.55 gears. It has been just as bad around the mountains here in Western NC this week. The turn into my parents development is off of a flat road that immediately turns into a decent grade. The truck hesitates as I make the turn, downshifts and lurches forward. I am going to talk to my dealer when I get back to Washington state because this is just crap.
Any update on this? I live in Wa State and test drove a 2011 Ram last weekend. 3.55 gears, 5.7 V8 and I didn't notice the transmission issues you are referring to but a concern like this may not rear it's head during a ten minute test drive.

When you say it takes 1.5 seconds to downshift, are you referring to that plus/minus toggle on the column shifter? The 2011 I drove seemed to down shift pretty quickly with that toggle switch. I didn't try the foot to the floor method of downshifting as I always hate how that works. Cruising along in 4th and really only wanting third gear but the vehicle violently drops to 2nd gear for about 1,000 rpm and then jerks back to third. This is how my 1998 Ram and 2000 F-150 shifted. I test drove a 2011 F-150 and a 2011 Ram and by utilizing the toggle on the column shifter I can avoid this problem.

Where did you buy in Washington State?

NC