View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

I plan to get a cover in the future. Most likely the Bak-flip G2 since I don't need the heavier duty HD and I don't like the other brands don't fold up against the cab like the Bak-flip does. I definitely want a hard folding cover for security because the only reason I'd get one is for carrying things in the back I don't want stolen very easily and to keep them dry.

As for the mpg advantages, in the older model trucks that were square and not very aerodynamic, the covers really helped unless they weighed a ton like the fiber-glass lids. With the design of newer trucks, I don't think the cover will help at all, if not hurt just a tad.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"