Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
BRYFRY is on a distinguished road
Default MYGIG always resets when truck is shut off???

So I'm really starting to hate the mygig sterio in my 09 ram. Sure it plays mp3 discs, and can save tons of songs in the HDD mode, but what is the point when it takes forever to get to a song you like, and every time you shut the truck off it resets, and starts from the beginning of the disc or HDD list??

This is the only system I have ever used that does this. Is this normal for all the new "MYGIG" systems?

All I know now is that you better REALLY like the first song on your disc/list because that's what you are are gonna be hearring EVERY TIME you get in!

Say you have an mp3 disc with 200 songs on it, and you want to hear track 199. Normally you would think, Ok I'll just skip backwards from track 01 to 200 to 199, like you could do with any other system right? ...NOPE, I have to wait for it to load, press "list" -wait- press "back" -wait- press "back' again -this wait can take up to half a minute- then I have to scroll/page through a every song, -page-wait-page-wait- over and over untill I get to the song I want!

By the time I get to what I want, I've usually about arrived at my destination, and when I get back in my truck evrything has reset, and I have to do this all over again!!! ....It's driving me crazy!!!

I got a softwear update from the dealer, but the only thing that seemed to do is make it load slower. Does anyone have a solution for this feature? .....other than "just listen to the radio" or "buy an aftermarket system"????

Sorry for the rant, I'm just a little frustrated.
Sponsored links