Old 12-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi
Color: Black
Rep:53
cyberpine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereiswill View Post
I like that truck, but it looks to me like Ford (for all their recent anti-Toyota propaganda) has ripped off the general look of the Tundra in designing this concept. Also, I would like to say that I have always wanted to relocate the 3rd brake light to the Roll-Bar. I'm picky enough that I'm not satisfied with most aftermarket roll-bars, so I figured one day when I design and fabricate my own, it will have an integrated 3rd brake light.
I would have to agree that this new Ranger (not for sale in the US from what I have read), looks way japanese. I find that my 2010 ram has some jap styling going on too. I'm an old chevy squarebody guy.. but things grow on you over time.

there's company that fabs headache Racks with the lights. Kinda nice, but every xpensive.

My plan is to custom fab the bars, but the cross bar will be slighly above the bed light. Mostly functional for carrying long lumber. Maybe design in a another cross removable cross bar or a second bar for carrying a kayak.

Highway products:

Also nice, Spider industries:

I'm flirting with this and with a tailgate extender as my only planned mods.. maybe some wider tires (305/55/20s) when factories wear out.

Seperate topic, but on the subject of truck designs that apparently never see the US market.

Mitsubishi Triton.. Very Japaneese looking, but would have seriously done a test drive at least. I got my 2010 Ram at a crazy 10k discount with a Hemi after I saw that all the v6s (including the Nissan Frontier) were rated at around 15 to 20mpg anyways. Its honestly more truck and power than I ever needed, but every time I drive it I justify burning extra fuel. .. sadly, so far 2500 miles and can only get around 12mpg. Still hoping to get 15mpg after burn in. But not holding my breath.

Thanks.

Last edited by cyberpine; 12-30-2010 at 01:45 PM.